Position Title: Grants Officer
Location: Syracuse, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: ASAP
Report to: Executive Director
- Research and identify new funding sources (local, regional, and national—foundations, corporations, and government entities), and offerings from regularly published sources in coordination with the Director of Development.
- Coordinate recurring applications and manage calendars for reports and applications.
- Responsible for submission of grant proposals: writing narratives; compiling required submission documents; obtaining signatures; and loading materials into submission portals or emails, as required by funders.
- Write grant reports, proposal- and prospecting-related funder communications, develop contracts and MOUs, and other written materials for internal and external audiences.
- Manage and coordinate grant reporting including writing grant narratives and analyzing performance statistics with Deputy Executive Director. Receives performance statistics from Data Analyst, qualitative data and stories from Directors of Programs, and expense information from Director of Finance, and reviews all grant proposals with Executive Director.
- Assist organizational leadership with development functions—cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship—as needed.
- Assist with major projects, e.g., strategic planning and fundraising campaigns.
- Coordinate application and report submissions with other members of Development Team, including Director of Development, Utica Director, and part-time Grant Writer.
- Supervise Data Analyst position (full-time) and Grant Writer (part-time).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must have a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, and 5+ years of work experience in public administration, grant management, media relations, proposal or technical writing, or related field. Knowledge and experience in program development, design, and evaluation.
Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, ability to travel, and be available to work evenings and weekends for work events. Proficiency with MS Office programs including PowerPoint, donor software, and grant research tools. Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Passionate about On Point for College’s mission.
This position requires a high level of independence in accomplishing tasks. The incumbent must be self-directed and exercise professionalism and discretion and the ability and flexibility to relate to a variety or entities and individuals significant to the organization.
This position description is not an exhaustive listing of responsibilities or duties that may be required of persons assigned to this position. Also, the position description may be modified at any time without notice, at the discretion of management. All On Point for College employees are expected to understand and comply with applicable policies and procedures.
- $60,000/year / 40-hour work week / 9:00am – 5:00pm / Monday thru Friday
Holidays include Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Black Friday. We also offer paid leave from 12/24 thru 1/1 for full-time employees.
On Point also:
- Covers 95% of the Health Insurance cost (individual or family plans)
- Pays the premiums for a $10,000 Life Insurance Policy while employed
- Offers an employer contribution to a 403B retirement plan (like 401K for non-profits) after the 1st year of service
- Pays the membership fees for COSTCO or BJ’s
- Covers AAA membership while employed
- Reimburses mileage for work-related travel
- Offers supplemental AFLAC healthcare plans and Dental plans (these are optional employee-paid programs)
On Point for College is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of all forms of discrimination. This organization does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, staff, and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components in keeping with our mission. On Point is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.