Transportation to and from college is often the largest barrier to education faced by low-income students. Many On Point students do not have a reliable car in the family, or in some cases, no one with a driver’s license.
For new, transfer, or potential students, On Point for College provides transportation for:
- College Tours arranged by On Point for College
- Placement exams and/or class registration (students must work with an OPFC Access or Success Advisor to schedule these)
- Summer orientations (students must work with an OPFC Access or Success Advisor to schedule these)
For students who are already enrolled in college, transportation may be provided for:
- College move in and college move out
- Over semester breaks (when residence and dining halls close)
- Court dates (with proper documentation)
- In the event of a family or medical emergency (with proper documentation)
Students must call at least 7 days in advance to arrange transportation, which may be provided by car, van, or bus ticket. For more information or to arrange for transportation, please call to speak to our Transportation Advisor at (315) 362-5003.