Working with On Point for College during the Coronavirus/Covid-19 Outbreak
We Are Open For Business
In an effort to protect the health of our students, staff, and the wider community, On Point for College’s offices are closed. However, On Point advisors and staff are working from home, and are still available to assist students during our regular business hours, 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, with late office hours for Syracuse on Wednesdays until 7 PM. If you would like to speak with an advisor, please call:
- 315.362.5003 if you live in Onondaga, Oswego, Cayuga, or Cortland Counties.
- 315.790.5588 if you live in Oneida, Madison, or Herkimer Counties.
Students will be directed to the on-call advisor at that time. All other callers will be directed to the appropriate staff person. If you already know the name or direct number of the staff person to whom you need to speak, you can dial them directly.
We Are Taking New Students
On Point for College provides free assistance with applying for college and vocational programs. We also provide help with financial aid applications and a slew of other services - just check out our website. We are open enrollment, meaning anyone can join. Many of our students are the first in their families to pursue college or post-secondary education. We serve Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, and Oswego Counties in New York State.
Students who are interested in enrolling in the On Point for College program for the first time, should start by filling out this form. A representative will be in touch to help you complete the application process.
We Care About Our Community
Questions about or think you might have Covid-19? Call:
- Cayuga County call NYS at 888.364.3065
- Cortland County call the Upstate Triage Line at 315.464.3979 or NYS at 888.364.3065
- Herkimer County call NYS at 888.364.3065
- Madison County call the Upstate Triage Line at 315.464.3979 or NYS at 888.364.3065
- Oneida County call 315.798.5431
- Onondaga County call 315.464.3979
- Oswego County call 315.349.3330
- New York State Department of Health call 888.364.3065
Other Health-Related Resources:
- In need of health insurance? NYS is allowing people to register under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Learn more here. Need help enrolling in an insurance plan? ACR Health can help. Call 315.475.2430 to setup an appointment with an ACR Health Navigator.
- Need someone to talk to? Call the New York State Mental Health Hotline for a free appointment at 1.844.863.9314.
- Are you or someone you know suffering from or at risk of abuse? Vera House serves victims of elder abuse, domestic violence, and sexual assault. Call their 24 hour helpline at 315.468.3260.
- Have questions about paying your rent or bills, getting paid sick leave, or other financial matters? Check out the COVID-19 Financial Survival Toolkit for New Yorkers here.
- Out of work and need financial assistance? File for NYS unemployment insurance here.
- Having trouble paying your cell phone or internet bill or need extra data? Learn about what the Keep Americans Connected Pledge means for you here.
- Having trouble paying your student loans during the Coronavirus outbreak? Check out what the new CARES Act means for you here.
- Restaurants and businesses in Central New York offering free food for students in need. Click here.
- Syracuse City School District meal pickup sites and schedule. Click here.
- Utica City School District meal pickup sites and schedules. Click here.
- Learn about Burger King's free food for kids offer here.
- For the Onondaga County Senior Citizen Nutrition Information and Resource Hotline call 315.218.1987.
- For the New Americans Forum which is distributing food on Mondays call 315.373.6292.
- For Peace, Inc.'s Senior Nutrition Meal locations and schedule, click here. For their food pantry locations and schedule, click here.
- For a full list of food resources in Herkimer and Oneida Counties, click here.
- Free online learning tools for K-6 grade students from Scholastic. Click here.
- Learning at home resources from the Syracuse City School District. Click here.
- VirtualSchoolDay.com, a source of free, live, interactive classes and resources for K-12 students. Click here.
- Have a K-12 student at home? Check out WCNY's Connected Classroom here.
- Spectrum cable is offering free internet access for homes with students. Call 844.488.8395 to enroll.
- Uhaul is offering 30 days of free storage to college students who must move out. Details here.
- Local programs and events that are closed and/or cancelled. Click here.
- For the Oneida County Family and Community Services Helpline call 315.798.5439.
- For the Madison County Non-Medical Hotline call 315.366.2770.
Ways to Help:
- Want to help first-generation college students in our community? Donate to On Point for College here or sign up to volunteer here.
Please click here for On Point for College's full statement in response to Covid-19.
This page was last updated on April 14, 2020.