Working with On Point for College during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Outbreak
*** Update: As of Monday, August 23rd, On Point for College's offices will be temporarily closed while our advisors visit students on campus. They will reopen on September 20th. Masks are still required and appointments are recommended. We will continue to provide updates on our website below and on our social media accounts.***
We Are Open For Business
On Point's Syracuse and Utica's offices will be temporarily closed between Monday, August 23rd and Friday, September 17th.
During this time our advisors will be making in-person and virtual visits to college campuses across NYS. Advisors will be emailing and texting students to alert them to when they are on campus. If you are enrolled in school, we encourage you to connect with our advisors when they are on your campus.
If you are not yet enrolled in school or if you are new to On Point, we encourage you to visit our office on or after Monday, September 20th or to connect with one of our advisors virtually. If it is an emergency, please contact our one of our offices or your advisor by phone.
From September 20th on our hours will be:
* Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: the offices are open 9am-5pm | Walk-ins and appointments are welcome all day.
* Tuesdays and Thursdays: the offices are closed. We are open 9am-5pm for online/virtual walk-ins and appointments only. You can reach out to an advisor directly. Or if you live in Onondaga, Oswego, or Cayuga Counties call 315.362.5003 to be connected with an advisor. If you live in Oneida, Madison, or Herkimer Counties call 315.790.5588 to be connected with an advisor.
All in-person appointments and walk ins will be limited to one hour of service. No more than 2 people per group (including the student) may be in the building at one time. Masks are required.
Use one of the below links to book an appointment with our Syracuse office:
- If your last name starts with A-Bo book an appointment with Nicole B. here.
- If your last name starts with Bp-Han book an appointment with Kishma here.
- If your last name starts with Hao-Mi book an appointment with Casey here.
- If your last name starts with Mj-Sin book an appointment with Oandhi here.
- If your last name starts with Sio-Z or if you live in Oswego or Cayuga Counties book an appointment with Nicole D. here.
Use one of the below links to book an appointment with our Utica office:
- If your last name starts with A-J book an appointment with Anny here.
- If your last name starts with K-Z book an appointment with LuPway Doh here.
Please note that On Point for College will be closed in observance of the following holidays: Labor Day (September 6).
We Are Taking New Students
On Point for College provides free assistance with applying for college and vocational programs. We also provide help with financial aid applications and a slew of other services - just check out our website. We are open enrollment, meaning anyone can join. Many of our students are the first in their families to pursue college or post-secondary education. We serve Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, and Oswego Counties in New York State.
Students who are interested in enrolling in the On Point for College program for the first time should start by filling out this form. A representative will be in touch to help you complete the application process.