Working with On Point for College during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Outbreak
*** Update: As of Wednesday, May 19, On Point for College is open for limited in-person service hours. Masks and appointments are required to visit our offices. We will continue to provide updates on our website here and on our social media accounts.***
We Are Open For Business
On Point's Syracuse and Utica offices are currently open for in-person services on:
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 am through 6 pm
- Fridays from 9 am through 5 pm
- Both offices will be closed from 12 pm to 1 pm for lunch on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Our offices are not open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Appointments are required to meet with an advisor in-person:
- Book an appointment at the Syracuse office here.
- Book an appointment at the Utica office here.
Advisors are also available to help students without an appointment via the phone or internet during our regular business hours, 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. If you would like to speak with an advisor, please call:
- 315.362.5003 if you live in Onondaga, Oswego, Cayuga, or Cortland Counties.
- 315.790.5588 if you live in Oneida, Madison, or Herkimer Counties.
Students will be directed to the on-call advisor at that time. All other callers will be directed to the appropriate staff person. If you already know the name or direct number of the staff person to whom you need to speak, you can dial them directly.
Please note that On Point for College will be closed in observance of the following holidays: after 1 pm Friday, May 28, Memorial Day (May 31), Independence Day (July 5), Labor Day (September 6).
We Are Taking New Students
On Point for College provides free assistance with applying for college and vocational programs. We also provide help with financial aid applications and a slew of other services - just check out our website. We are open enrollment, meaning anyone can join. Many of our students are the first in their families to pursue college or post-secondary education. We serve Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, and Oswego Counties in New York State.
Students who are interested in enrolling in the On Point for College program for the first time should start by filling out this form. A representative will be in touch to help you complete the application process.