Transportation to and from college is often the largest barrier to education faced by low-income students. Many On Point students do not have a reliable car in the family, or in some cases, no one with a driver’s license.
For new, transfer, or potential students, On Point for College provides transportation for:
- College Tours arranged by On Point for College
- Placement exams and/or class registration (students must work with an OPFC Access or Success Advisor to schedule these)
- Summer orientations (students must work with an OPFC Access or Success Advisor to schedule these)
For students who are already enrolled in college, transportation may be provided for:
- College move in and college move out
- Over semester breaks (when residence and dining halls close)
- Court dates (with proper documentation)
- In the event of a family or medical emergency (with proper documentation)
Students must call at least 7 days in advance to arrange transportation, which may be provided by car, van, or bus ticket. For more information or to arrange for transportation, please contact our volunteer coordinator.