Volunteers have always been a critical component in the success of On Point for College’s programs and students. Since our inception in 1999, over 250 individuals of all ages and backgrounds have volunteered their time and talents for On Point, many of whom remain active with us today.
Do you think you might be interested in volunteering with On Point for College? Our goal is to work with you to ensure that your skills and interests are maximized and that your experiences will result in another positive voice for On Point for College in our community.
On Point for College does not operate using a peer-to-peer advising model. Undergraduate College students in need of volunteer opportunities for academic credit may apply and will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. At this time, we cannot offer volunteer opportunities to students still attending high school.
On Point is part of a consortium of agencies working to promote college access and success, particularly among first-generation students. Our agency invites out-of-state volunteers to take part in our virtual volunteer roles. However, if you would prefer to serve students locally we encourage you to review the National College Attainment Network (NCAN) member directory for a list of agencies providing similar services near you.
To become a volunteer:
- Watch our volunteer orientation video (immediately above)
- Make an appointment to speak with the Volunteer Coordinator here
- Submit your Background Check Request Form
- Complete Anti-Harassment Training here
- Book an appointment to attend Volunteer Training here
After becoming a volunteer:
- Access the Volunteer Portal
- Receive weekly opportunity notifications
- Sign-up based on your areas of interest
- Begin working with students
- Respond to Volunteer Coordinator check-ins