About our Educational Services
On Point for College offers a full suite of higher education support services. We work with our students from application through admission, to graduation, and beyond.
We help any student with a higher education goal – be it a two or four-year college degree program, a graduate or professional degree program, a certificate, or another type of professional training. We work with students who are pursuing higher education for the first time. We also work with students who have already embarked on their educational journeys, but need a little help, as well as students whose educations were interrupted but who are looking to get started again.
The ideal new On Point student is:
- At least a high school junior. They may also be high school seniors or graduates or recipients of a GED/TASC certificate. Individuals currently working towards a TASC certificate are also eligible to enroll.
- Attending or planning to attend a two or four-year college or a vocational or certificate training program. Individuals interested in taking refresher or skill-building courses in preparation for college are also eligible to enroll.
- Living in Cayuga, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, or Oswego Counties.
On Point strives to help our students in any way we can. Some of our free services include:
Pre-college/training program services:
- Help identifying colleges or training programs to apply to
- Help preparing college or training program applications
- Help applying for financial aid
- Tours of college campuses
- On Point’s new student pre-college orientation program
Services offered for students enrolled in college/training programs:
- Transportation to/from campus at the beginning and end of the semester and for semester breaks
- Campus visits from On Point advisors to check in on students during the semester and ensure they have the resources and services they need to be successful
- Assistance connecting to on-campus resources like housing and financial aid offices
- Help transferring to another college or program
- Help renewing financial aid applications
Ready to become a part of On Point for College? Fill out our new student interest form here.