Please visit tinyurl.com/OnPoint2016 to register!
WHERE: Mohawk Valley Community College - Utica - 1101 Sherman Drive, Utica, NY 13501
Join On Point for College, an innovator in college access and success, for a state-wide conference on success strategies for supporting post-secondary persistence among our most vulnerable students. The full-day event will provide a collaborative forum for post-secondary education and CBO professionals to share proven and innovative techniques for reaching non-traditional students, including those not coming directly from high school and those facing additional barriers to academic success. Topics include:
- Bridging the Gap for Homeless Youth and Foster Care Students
- A New Beginning for Refugee and Immigrant Students
- Second-Chance Students: Working with the Court-Involved
- How Community Colleges Can Address Challenges of Poverty
- Removing Barriers: The Community-Based Organization Perspective
Attendees can choose one topic/speaker per break out session.
- 9:00–10:00 am – Registration
- 10:00-10:30 – Keynote Speaker
- 10:40-11:25 – Break Out Session 1 Topics: Homeless Students / Community College / Transfer Students
- 11:30-12:15 pm – Break Out Session 2 Topics: Refugee Students / CBOs / Court Involved Students
- 12:15-1:15 – Lunch
- 1:15-2:00 – Break Out Session 3 Topics: Court Involved Students / Homeless Students / Refugee Students
- 2:05 -2:50 – Break Out Session 4 Topics: CBOs / Transfer Students / Community College
- 2:55-3:15 – Wrap Up
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
* A limited number of scholarships are available. Please contact Tanya Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.