On Point for College’s team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and includes program alumni, life-long non-profit workers, and former private sector workers. But at the end of the day, we all have one thing in common: we are all committed to helping our students on their journeys to a brighter future.
Part of the media? Contact a member of On Point for College's Development team for help.
Work for On Point for College
Are you passionate about providing opportunity for young people who did not think that a brighter future was possible? If so, you may find a career at On Point for College rewarding! On Point for College is an equal opportunity employer and offers excellent benefits.
Position Title: Career Services Advisor
Location: We are currently hiring three positions. One for our Syracuse office, one for Oswego County and one for Cayuga County. All three advisors will be expected to undergo some training and spend some time in our Syracuse office, but the Oswego County and Cayuga County advisors must live in the counties they are serving.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Effective Date: ASAP
On Point for College is seeking a Career Services Advisor. On Point works with students, alumni, employers, and community partners to provide comprehensive career services. We help students make educated career decisions and develop life-long professional career readiness skills. We assist employers in connecting with On Point students through recruitment and educational opportunities. Major responsibilities are providing one-to-one student assistance in aligning career interests with academic decisions; and assisting students and graduates to transition to a related occupation in the workforce.
- Conduct one-on-one advising with participants regarding career interests and strategies, job search methods, career exploration, experiential learning, internship searches, mentoring opportunities, and resume/application critiques, networking tips and interview preparation.
- Coordinate and assist in student job search readiness, search execution, including scheduling employment interviews and job placement for students, and conduct follow-up activities in accordance with On Point for College policies.
- Visit campuses throughout New York State to present career success strategies and ensure that On Point students take advantage of campus career services.
- Engage students regularly throughout the post-secondary journey by communicating with students and graduates via phone, email, social media, and face-to-face.
- Conduct presentations in the community and at On Point for College student events (e.g., pre- college orientation).
- Work collaboratively with the academic advising team to enhance the student experience through collaborative programming such as workshops and events that support students academic, personal, and professional development.
- Attending training workshops on relevant student needs and issues.
- Assist in planning and executing year-round calendar of career services programming, including develop and/or facilitate workshops on skill development/career readiness or exploration of relevant career opportunities; organize job fairs and other employer events; make presentations to college classes.
- Prepare students for job fairs, meetings, company visits and other recruiting events, including resume reviews and practice interviews.
- Conduct research to identify employers of interest to students, maintain positive relationships with local employers.
- Work collaboratively with Volunteer Coordinator and manage volunteer outreach assistance. Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Enter all activity and student/grad/employer information into database properly and in real-time.
- Use technology to better serve students, such as: Handshake (for assisting jobs with internship and job searches), LinkedIn, and Twitter (for assisting students with networking), etc.
- Meet established goals and objectives as provided by the Director. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor s Degree and 2+ years of work experience with young adults, the unemployed, engaging employers, and/or career coaching.
- Must have valid license, reliable transportation, may travel and be available to work evenings and weekends for work events.
Job Specific Qualifications:
- Experience in college career services or related environment. (Preferred) Experience working with diverse populations.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team; demonstrated willingness to take initiative and aptitude to work independently.
- Good organizational skills and ability to effectively plan, coordinate, and oversee events. Skilled in use of online career resources, networking platforms, career center management system and other online resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain professional relationships with students, alumni, employers and colleagues.
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills.
- Technical/computer skills needed include (but not limited to): experience using Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Experience with Google Drive platforms, electronic communications and databases.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills are required. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to make evaluative judgments Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Passionate about On Point for College's mission
This position description is not an exhaustive listing of responsibilities or duties that may be required of persons assigned to this position. Also, the position description may be modified at any time without notice, at the discretion of management. All On Point for College employees are expected to understand and comply with applicable policies and procedures.
- $42,000 per year / 40-hour work week / 9:00am – 5:00pm / Monday thru Friday
Position Title: Part-Time Shuttle Driver
Location: Syracuse, NY, but must be willing to travel across NYS as a part of the position
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Effective Date: ASAP
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of students, staff and parents in the On Point for College van, personal vehicle, or a rental. In this visible role, it is important that the Driver maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times. The driver welcomes each student with a smile, facilitates on campus tours, placement tests and general transportation of students. Operates passenger vans safely and efficiently. Reports accidents, safety situations, vehicle condition, or damage to the Program Director. Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift prior to driving the shuttle/van. Ensures that both inside and outside of the vehicle are properly cleaned and fueled. Accurately completes student sign in sheets if no advisor is present. Transport supplies, materials, etc. for various On Point events (e.g., Celebration). Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be 25 years older or older (for insurance purposes), possess a valid driver’s license with specific class and endorsement based on the type of shuttle/van according to state requirements, reliable transportation, may travel and be available to work evenings and weekends for work events. Able to safely operation a vehicle for up to 12 hours in a day. Able to load and unload materials, supplies, etc. from the vehicle. Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
On Point for College is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of all forms of discrimination. This organization does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, staff, and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components in keeping with our mission. On Point is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Volunteer with On Point for College