Employer and Organizational Partnerships
With strong connections to employers, institutions, and community-based organizations in the Greater Syracuse region and a track record of success, On Point's Career Services program is committed to connecting local companies and organizations to diverse talent with the skills and education necessary to succeed in today’s economy.
On Point's Career Services program helps first-generation college/post-secondary students and graduates gain access to career track employment and entrepreneurship by working closely and individually with its program participants to ensure that they’re qualified and prepared for the workforce. Since 2008, Career Services has placed more than 1,000 college students, graduates and stop-outs into summer jobs, internships, co-ops, and permanent jobs.
More information on the support provided to Career Services program participants can be found here.
On Point's Career Services program works closely with our employer partners to help diversify and build the region’s workforce, with a special focus on high-demand occupational clusters. On Point provides a range of services to its employer partners, including:
- Hosting a range of regular networking opportunities for employers to connect to job seekers, including industry-specific career slams, job and internship fairs, and open house and recruitment events at employers’ offices
- Conducting initial site visits and needs assessments to help On Point learn more about an organization and its business, as well as to understand any current job opportunities, and/or career pathways so it can ensure the best matched placements
- Working with employers to identify talent pools of interest (i.e., particular college majors or skill sets), recruit graduates and graduating students, and on any ideas/concerns pertaining to ongoing placements. On Point also matches employers with additional resources through collaboration with colleges, community-based organizations, and other workforce development initiatives
- Ongoing support and follow-up advising to ensure that both employers and program participants are satisfied with placements. On Point also continues to work with its participants on professional development and career goal-planning throughout their placement
Institutional and Community Based-Organization Partnerships
On Point's Career Services program is involved in several institutional and community-wide initiatives aimed at promoting economic prosperity and inclusion including:
- Syracuse: Catholic Charities, City of Syracuse, CNY Works, Educational Opportunity Center (EOC), MercyWorks SYNERGY Leadership Training Program, Onondaga County Youth Bureau, Say Yes to Education, Syracuse Anti-Poverty Initiative (Project HOPE) Economic Strategy and Education Committees, and SUNY Upstate
- Utica: Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties, Mohawk Valley EOC, The Refugee Center, and Utica College Access Network
Are you an employer, institution, or initiative interested in partnering with On Point's Career Services program? Please contact us here.