Volunteers have always been a critical component in the success of On Point for College’s programs and students. Since our inception in 1999, over 250 individuals of all ages and backgrounds have volunteered their time and talents for On Point, most of whom remain active with us today.
Do you think you might be interested in volunteering with On Point for College? Our goal is to work with you to ensure that your skills and interests are maximized and that your experiences will result in another positive voice for On Point for College in our community.
Areas of past and current volunteer service have included:
- Drivers – to transport students to/from college, campus visits, and more
- Event planners – to assist in the planning of our annual Celebration Dinner and/or our annual Golf for Grads golf tournament
- Resume/cover letter advisors – to help students prepare professional materials for their job search
- Employers/hiring professionals – to coordinate job-shadowing days and offer mock/practice interviews
- Tutors – to help individual students who need academic assistance
- Office helpers – to assist with phone outreach, student supply assembly, and more
- College supply collectors – to host events to collect donated school and dorm supplies for students
Please note that the vast majority of On Point for College students live and attend school within New York State, so our current ability to utilize volunteers beyond N.Y. is limited. Not in N.Y.? Check out the National College Access Network for a college access program near you.
To become a volunteer:
- Submit your volunteer contact information
- The Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to you with information on how to get started as a volunteer
If you have any questions, please contact us here.