Volunteers have always been a critical component in the success of On Point for College’s programs and students. Since our inception in 1999, over 250 individuals of all ages and backgrounds have volunteered their time and talents for On Point, most of whom remain active with us today.
Do you think you might be interested in volunteering with On Point for College? Our goal is to work with you to ensure that your skills and interests are maximized and that your experiences will result in another positive voice for On Point for College in our community.
Areas of past and current volunteer service have included:
General program support
- Transport students to/ from school during peak times of year as your schedule allows
- Use your skills and experience to assist career services in providing resume, cover-letter, mock-interview assistance and more
- Provide students with virtual tutoring support from the comfort of your home
- Ensure student wellness/ success with check-in calls throughout the semester
- Become a point of contact for students if you work on a college campus
- Act as an advocate for students within your community
Partnerships/ guest speaking
- Assist the organization in expanding its services to communities across CNY
- Take part in Career Services employee recruitment events/ internships/ job shadowing events
- Become a guest speaker at a career information or skills building session
Event planning/ execution support
- Play a pivotal role in the planning and/ or execution of annual events such as the Celebration Gala Dinner, Golf for Grads, or the Laptop Giveaway
- Provide in-kind services or consultations specific to your area of expertise, or help in on-demand projects around the office
- Gather friends, family, and colleagues to take part in donation drives for college supply giveaways to first-time students living on campus and more
Please note that the vast majority of On Point for College students live and attend school within New York State, so our current ability to utilize volunteers beyond N.Y. is limited. Not in N.Y.? Check out the National College Access Network for a college access program near you.
To become a volunteer: