Volunteers have always been a critical component in the success of On Point for College’s programs and students. Since our inception in 1999, over 250 individuals of all ages and backgrounds have volunteered their time and talents for On Point, many of whom remain active with us today.
Do you think you might be interested in volunteering with On Point for College? Our goal is to work with you to ensure that your skills and interests are maximized and that your experiences will result in another positive voice for On Point for College in our community.
Note: On Point for College does not operate using a peer-to-peer advising model. Undergraduate students may volunteer as tutors and take part in other behind-the-scenes tasks. College students in need of volunteer opportunities for academic credit may apply and will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. At this time, we cannot offer volunteer opportunities to students still attending high school.
To become a volunteer:
- Make an appointment to speak with the Volunteer Coordinator here
- Submit a Volunteer Application and Background Check Request Form
- Complete Anti-harassment Training, and attend Volunteer Orientation
- Learn about and register for the National Day of Service here
After Becoming a Volunteer
- Learn how to access and navigate the volunteer database
- Begin receiving weekly opportunity notifications
- Attend training for the role that interests you
- Begin working with students
- Respond to Volunteer Coordinator check-ins