For the Media
Thank you for your interest in On Point for College!
Here are some basic facts about On Point:
- On Point for College spells its name as four words (not three!) with the “for” in lowercase and the other three words as uppercase.
- On Point for College was established in Syracuse in 1999 and in Utica in 2012. In 2012, On Point embarked upon a partnership with Goddard Riverside’s Option Center and the New Settlement Apartments in Manhattan and the Bronx respectively. This enabled On Point to replicate its “success” services to the NYC area.
- Beginning in 2018, On Point extended its services to Cayuga, Oswego, and Cortland counties, bringing the total number of counties served directly by On Point for College to six (including Onondaga, Oneida, Madison, and Herkimer).
- As of May 2019, 9,000+ students had enrolled in college with On Point’s support, 3,000+ were currently enrolled in college, and 2,600+ had earned college degrees. On Point for College students have attended more than 200 colleges and universities across the United States.
- Services provided by On Point for College include:
- Access – helping students to enroll in college, apply for financial aid, and prepare to begin college;
- Success – helping students to stay in college, including providing support with transferring colleges and accesses on and off campus resources;
- Career Services – helping students and graduates prepare to transition to meaningful careers that leverage their skills and educations through internships, networking opportunities, job fairs, resume and cover letter coaching, and more.
- On Point for College alumni include doctors, lawyers, police officers, firefighters, photojournalists, television producers, teachers, accountants, actors, non-profit directors, On Point for College employees, nurses, and more!
For more information about On Point for College, access to media assets, or to do a story, please contact a member of On Point's Development team.