On Point for College’s team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and includes program alumni, life-long non-profit workers, and former private sector workers. But at the end of the day, we all have one thing in common: we are all committed to helping our students on their journeys to a brighter future.
Work for On Point for College
Are you passionate about providing opportunity for young people who did not think that a brighter future was possible? If so, you may find a career at On Point for College rewarding! On Point for College is an equal opportunity employer and offers excellent benefits.
Position Title: Data Analyst
Status: Fulltime Non-Exempt
Location: Syracuse, NY
Start Date: ASAP
Summary: This position is responsible for effective data collection and data maintenance, ensuring that programs are maximizing utilization of data systems.
- Working across teams to develop a coordinated data strategy including platform choices, common reports to generate / build into tools / automate, and meaningful mechanisms/processes for improving data and visualizations
- Developing a deep-understanding of the broad range of data sources within the organization, and seek mechanisms to make data-comprehension common across the organization
- Entering and maintaining high-quality data within our client and services management systems
- Reviewing and cleansing data within our client and services management systems
- Working across all programs to review issues of data quality to improve processes, systems, or training to address issues of internal data quality
- Train new and existing users on various databases (CRM, donor database, etc.)
- Designing and delivering key performance reports and other reports for a broad range of stakeholders
- Coordinating with the development, communication, and grant writing/reporting team to review and address data quality issues around reporting, outreach, and planning
Assisting with and managing quantitative (survey) and qualitative (interviews, focus groups, check-in surveys, etc.) data collection efforts to ensure high quality administration and analysis.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Very organized and have great attention to detail
- Resourceful, problem solving orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative team-player
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Able to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Expert with Microsoft Excel and willingness to learn various business intelligence and analytical tools
- Ability to identify useful information in data sets and suggest conclusions that support decision making
- Experienced with database management
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Passionate about the mission of On Point for College
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, may travel and be available to work evenings and weekends for work events.
This position description is not an exhaustive listing of responsibilities or duties that may be required of persons assigned to this position. Also, the position description may be modified at any time without notice, at the discretion of management. All On Point for College employees are expected to understand and comply with applicable policies and procedures.
Volunteer with On Point for College