Position Title: Bookkeeper
Location: In-Person in our Syracuse office
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Effective Date: ASAP
Report to: Finance Director
The Bookkeeper oversees the On Point for College's's financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable and daily financial entries and reconciliations. This is a full-time in-person position.
- Class all expenditures to grants in QuickBooks. Verify that program participants qualify to be charged to individual grants. Maintain a spreadsheet to track grant expenditures and balances. Prepares financial figures for grant reporting and provides back-up for all grants.
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile all credit card transactions in QuickBooks and pay down account balances. Maintain print records of the main account and all individual accounts as well as account payments.
- Record monthly invoices for every government grant that is not on CAMS.
- Prepare QuickBooks journal entries to record activity on funds held at outside entities like the Central New York Community Foundation.
- Generate acknowledgement letters for donations.
- Year end/audit prep:
- DBL/PFL reconciliation for yearly billing. Process 1099s. Process QuickBooks download for auditors.
- Generate lists of vendors over $100,000, checks written, contributions, donors who have contributed over $5,000, and schedules of miscellaneous income.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 2+ years of experience in QuickBooks Pro or similar accounting software and a high-level of comfort with Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with ADP Payroll and NEON CRM donor database or similar fundraising databases, a plus.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
This position description is not an exhaustive listing of responsibilities or duties that may be required of persons assigned to this position. Also, the position description may be modified at any time without notice, at the discretion of management. All On Point for College employees are expected to understand and comply with applicable policies and procedures.
- $42,000 per year / 40-hour work week / 9:00am – 5:00pm / Monday thru Friday
Holidays include Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Black Friday. We also offer paid leave from 12/24 thru 1/1 for full-time employees.
On Point also:
- Covers 95% of the Health Insurance cost (individual or family plans)
- Pays the premiums for a $10,000 Life Insurance Policy while employed
- Offers an employer contribution to a 403B retirement plan (like 401K for non-profits) after the 1st year of service
- Pays the membership fees for COSTCO or BJ’s
- Covers AAA membership while employed
- Reimburses mileage for work-related travel
- Offers supplemental AFLAC healthcare plans and Dental plans (these are optional employee-paid programs)
On Point for College is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of all forms of discrimination. This organization does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, staff, and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components in keeping with our mission. On Point is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.